The main advantage of LED light bulbs is the saving of around 85% on lighting bills.
They also last up to 35 times longer than standard light bulbs saving time and money in replacing burnt out bulbs.
Why LED and not CFL Light bulbs?
After the government ban on incandescent light bulbs until recently you only had the option of replacing them with CFL (Compact Fluorescent) light bulbs. Most people are against CFL for the following reasons:
- They contain hazardous cancerous chemicals (mercury) and can cause Migraines and Epilepsy from their flickering
- They get dimmer after time
- They can take up to a minute to reach full brightness
- Some do not even fit conventional light bulb sockets
- They do not work with dimmer switches
- Big and bulky and normally stick out from light fittings
The benefits of Auraglow LED light bulbs are:
- Much more energy efficient than CFL bulbs
- No mercury content
- They do not flicker so do not cause Migraines or Epilepsy
- They have a 350000 hour lifetime (about 25 years of average use) before you have to replace them!
- Full brightness instantly
- Can work with dimmer switches (must state dimmable in the item description)
- Compact in size
LEDs do not produce any UV (ultraviolet) or IR (infra red) radiation and therefore can be used to light paintings or precious surfaces without causing any fading.
Unlike CFL or fluorescent lighting, LED lights do not flicker which reduces eye strain and other issues associated with flickering lights.
Colour Temperature - Warm White or Cool White?
Colour temperature is measured in Kelvin units, the higher the rating the Whiter the bulb.
Auraglow bulbs tend to be manufactured in two different temperatures, 6000k producing Cool White and 3000k producing Warm White.
Warm White is the best alternative for replacing halogen bulbs because it emits a warmer glow similar to halogen light.
Cool White bulbs produce a light very similar to daylight and are often preferred in bathrooms and other task areas as it makes illuminated objects appear more crisp.
Cool White bulbs appear brighter than the Warm White versions.